Earlier, I mentioned how much I love guidance that comes in the form of "frequently asked questions." And while that phrase might seem pathetic to the general public, I think my fellow compliance gurus understand where I'm coming from. Here are some of my favorites.
- General HMDA FAQ.
- NCUA's FAQ on the NCUA Privacy Regulation.
- OFAC's FAQ.
- NCUA's FAQ to Boardmember Hyland's webinar on third party due diligence and strategic planning.
- General BSA FAQ. (Supplied by FinCEN.)
- General BSA/Money Laundering/OFAC FAQ. (Attachment to 05-CU-09)
- FAQ concerning final "Customer Identification Program" rule. (Attachment to Regulatory Alert 04-RA-04.)
- FAQ for the Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA.) (It is one of the four attachments to 01-RA-07. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the FAQ as a stand-alone document.)
- FFIEC FAQ on "Authentication in the Internet Banking Environment."
- FAQ on Appraisal Requirements and Interagency Statement on Appraisal Independence and Evaluation Functions. (Please remember that there is a proposal out to amend these. I think I mentioned it earlier this week.)
Have I missed one? Please let me know. Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or leave a comment by clicking on the title to this post. (Then look for the comment link.)
While I'm at it, here are a few other questions that I have. If anyone can find the answer to these, I'll happily buy you lunch. (And they have to be real, concrete answers.)
- Why is my line at the grocery store or concession stand always staffed by a trainee?
- Why does the likelihood of receiving a tough assignment increase as I get closer to a planned vacation?
- Why do the employees at my local Subway not recognize me? I literally eat there two or three times a week. I'm not asking for a handshake, or a "Hello there, old friend." But a nod of recognition would be nice.