This week, Representative Barney Frank introduced two bills that would ease burdens on financial institutions in the area of internet gambling. Read all about it here. I thought you might like to read about efforts to take stuff off of our plates.
You may have heard FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair talk about the creation of a national systemic risk council. NCUA Chairman Fryzel isn't against the idea, as long as NCUA keeps its independence.
Hey NAFCU members: We put together a contact sheet to help you reach us. It contains all the relevant email addresses and phone numbers. Download Contacting NAFCU Compliance. It also contains advice to ensure you get what you need. Enjoy, enjoy!
I love FAQ's. Especially OFAC's. For example, what do you do when someone who is on the SDN list tries to open an account at your credit union? Check out the answer.
Mandy and I celebrate our first anniversary this weekend. Holy cow! What a difference a year can make.
Here are five random things I learned this year:
- "Absolutely!" is the best answer to any question from your spouse.
- Children are a blessing. An expensive, sleep-depriving blessing.
- Life can exist without a daily dose of ESPN.
- I should buy stock in any company that makes diapers or baby formula.
- I never thought getting someone else to burp would play such a major part in my day.
For all you moms, Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your weekend, stay safe, and stay compliant.