Written by Steve Van Beek
Webinars and Webcasts. There are quite a few free webinars to keep on your radar:
- October 16 at 2:30 p.m. EDT - New Requirements for Remittance Transfer Providers - Sign-Up by sending an email to CFPB_RemittanceRule@cfpb.gov by October 9. If you have a question you'd like answered during the webinar - send it to CFPB_RemittanceRule@cfpb.gov by October 5.
- October 17 at 2:00 p.m. EDT - Fair Lending Hot Topics by the Philadelphia Federal Reserve's Consumer Compliance Outlook
NAFCU also has a couple of upcoming webcasts that might be of interest:
- October 10 - BSA/OFAC for Directors and Supervisory Committee - Keep in mind that you can watch the archived webcast for up to one year - making this perfect for a future Board meeting or training event. Sign up by October 3 and Save $100.
- October 24 - Social Media and Website Compliance - This webcast will also be viewed live by all Regulatory Compliance Seminar attendees. Sign up by October 17 and Save $100.
- November 7 - CFPB's Latest Mortgage Proposals - NAFCU's Compliance team will overview the mortgage loan originator proposal, interagency higher-risk appraisal proposal and the Regulation B appraisal proposal. Sign up by October 31 and Save $100.
NAFCU's October Compliance Monitor. NAFCU Members: Our October Compliance Monitor is now available for download. This issue includes lengthy articles on the "high-cost" mortgage proposal (including a discussion of the potential change to the definition of "finance charge") and the CFPB's mortgage servicing proposals. We've also attached a six-page chart which helps organize the 20 new notices included in the mortgage servicing proposals. Happy reading!