Written by Steve Van Beek
We've heard you! For the past couple of years, we've received the following feedback about NAFCU's Regulatory Compliance School (paraphrased, of course):
"School is great and provided a solid foundation for understanding the regulatory requirements credit unions face on a daily basis. BUT, the rules are changing so fast that it would be great to receive updates on what has just changed and what is changing next."
Regulatory Update Day (Thursday, March 21st) will provide:
- A clear understanding of what changes NCUA has in store for 2013 – including their Exam Focus
- An overview of the scope and applicability of the CFPB’s seven new mortgage regulations*
- A detailed look at the CFPB’s Qualified Mortgage/Ability-to-Repay requirements*
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions on the mortgage rules from NAFCU’s compliance team*
- Insight from credit union attorneys and practitioners on how best to set up your implementation strategy
The other 4 days of Compliance School will remain the same as will the opportunity to take the NAFCU Certified Compliance Officer (NCCO) exams. Good luck!
Remember: You do not need to be a NAFCU member credit union to attend NAFCU's conferences or webcasts. In fact, you don't even need to work at a credit union. Each School usually features a handful of consultants, vendors and other credit union "peeps" who support credit unions - in one way or another - on a daily basis.