Written by Steve Van Beek
Over the past two months, we've written numerous blog posts on the new mortgage regulations. Included a few posts which contain research tips on how to track and find the new requirements. Below is a consolidated listing of those blog posts so that you have them in one central location:
- February 5th - CFPB Rules in the Federal Register; NAFCU Rule Summaries
- February 13th - NAFCU's Scope & Applicability Charts for the New Mortgage Rules
- February 22nd - Finding the New Reg Z & Reg X Requirements in the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Hopefully you find the above useful. We're always looking for blog ideas - so just let us know if there is something you'd like to see us cover in a future blog post.
NAFCU Webcast on Mortgage Rules. NAFCU's compliance team will be conducting a webcast tomorrow on a few of the "under the radar" issues from the CFPB's new mortgage rules. We'll discuss:
- Details on homeownership counseling requirements;
- Mortgage loan originator qualifications, certifications and training requirements;
- New appraisal disclosure and delivery requirements;
- The small creditor exemption for the escrow requirement for higher-priced mortgage loans; and
- Other frequently-asked-questions regarding the new rules.
We'll also provide a "look ahead" at what other issues the CFPB is targeting in 2013.
Registration is still open - Sign Up Today! Remember, NAFCU's webcasts are available to anyone and everyone.