« Risk-Based Compliance | Main | From A to Z (well, from 5300 to Your Insured Funds to be exact) »

October 19, 2007


Jennifer Marble

If a credit union has extended Commercial Construction Loans to a Borrower for the purpose of building two speculative homes, are you required to report both loans on the construction/development section of the Call Report.

The Compliance Guy

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for the question, but I won't be able to respond to specific questions like yours. (Unless you are a NAFCU member. In that case, please contact us at [email protected].) I already do this for more than 800 wonderful NAFCU members, and there's no way I can do that well and monitor/answer questions from the more than 8,000 credit unions. If others wish to jump in, however, I will bear no grudge!

Your best bet is to look at what part of the 5300 report you are working on, and then look to the instructions for that particular line item. Here's a link to the most recent 5300 Template and Instructions document from NCUA:


Best of luck!

- The Compliance Guy

The comments to this entry are closed.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner