« Tons of This and That | Main | FinCEN Advisory on Elder Abuse; This and That »

February 22, 2011



Happy to say that I knew about your archives page but no happy to say that I do not recall anything about posting an SCRA notice like the one in the link. Are we required to post this in, say, our branches? If so, I need to find out if we are doing that.

Anthony Demangone

This web page from HUD spells out what you need to do:


Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Notice (Mortgagee Letter 2006-28)

Pursuant to the statutory amendment, HUD has developed, in consultation with the Departments of Defense and Treasury, the form for the required notice of servicemember rights (Attachment 1, SCRA Notice Disclosure). All mortgage loans, including conventional mortgages and mortgages insured by HUD are subject to the notification requirement that became effective June 5, 2006. The notice must:

Be sent to all homeowners who are in default on a residential mortgage;
Include the toll-free military one-source number to call if servicemembers or their dependents require further assistance (1-800-342-9647); and
Be made within 45 days from the date a missed payment was due, unless the homeowner pays the overdue amount before the expiration of the 45-day period.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner